Careers at AFS
Affordable Fire Solutions is a regional leader in the Mid-Atlantic states, providing fire protection test, inspection, service, emergency repair and installation for new construction, upgrade and remodel projects. Our continued growth and success has created a need for motivated individuals seeking an opportunity at a rewarding career.
Are you ready to join our dynamic and growing team? If so email us your resume or call us during normal working hours.
Positions Currently Open
We are looking for a person with ambition, drive, energy, and ability, who wants to develop a successful career with $1 million-plus annual production in fire and electronic security sales.
Our Sales Executives are responsible for securing profitable sales and upgrades of new and existing fire alarm and fire sprinkler systems. We place a particular emphasis on test and inspection contracts and maximizing customer satisfaction and retention.
This position involves cold calling from an existing database of current and potential customers, meeting with potential clients, presenting and demonstrating the benefits of our services, planning, estimating, pricing and finalizing agreements with owners, facility directors, security directors and managers of client companies.
The individual must maintain focus on developing new business opportunities and closing new accounts, thereby assisting us to aggressively penetrate competitive accounts leading to long-term business relationships.
Candidates must be self-starters with 3-5 years of prior selling success, strong professional prospecting skills and demonstrated an ability to build customer relationships through consultative selling.
Senior Fire Alarm Technician
We have an open position for a full-time Fire Alarm Technician. Your job responsibilities will include:
- Installation, service, and inspection of Fire Alarm and associated systems
- Preparation for installations by reviewing orders; gathering equipment, supplies and tools; coordinating schedules with customers.
- Surveying and evaluating the premise, identifying alarm installation requirements; laying out equipment and wiring plan.
- Installing equipment; running and pulling wiring; programming and calibrating equipment; adhering to codes, regulations, and standards.
- Verifying system functionality by testing equipment, connections, and signals; identifying and correcting any and all problems.
- Performing system tests as required by contract, permit or NFPA72
- Documenting installation, the material used and problems encountered or identified.
- Maintaining customer rapport by resolving concerns and answering questions.
We provide fire & life safety services to commercial, retail, multi-family, higher education, and large campus facilities. Our mission is to provide quality customer service by focusing on a personalized approach to the fire & life safety needs of our customer’s facility. We are looking for a fire sprinkler fitter to join our quality team.
As a fire sprinkler fitter, you will be responsible for providing service, testing, and installation of fire sprinkler systems, fire pumps, and associated equipment. Additional responsibilities as a fire sprinkler fitter include:
- Activities related to service and installation of fire protection systems
- Completing fire sprinkler and pump testing documentation
- Customer service, coordination, and communication
- Technical project and administrative support
- Working independently and/or supervising others as required
- Preparing work schedules, reviewing plans/prints, and carrying out assigned duties
To qualify for the fire sprinkler technician position, you must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience working with fire sprinkler systems. Significant pluses would include; Nicet III Certification, proficiency with computer skills, MS Excel, email, strong customer service and communications skills and familiarity with NFPA 25 & 13 (National Fire Protection Association) and local codes
Our fast growth allows us to continually hire the best in the business. If you are one of those individuals, consider joining our team. We want to hear from you, whether you are a top salesperson, tech or a management guru.
Positions are available within the Company’s service territory. For consideration, email a complete resume to email@example.com